Switching to thinkmoney
A simple switch - for simpler money management
It really couldn't be easier to switch to us. We don't need to check your credit rating, so the approval process is quick and straightforward - we can open your account as soon as you've proved your ID and returned your signed application form.
Your security is important to us, so to switch to a thinkmoney Personal Account you'll need to prove your identity and address. We can usually verify these over the phone, but we may need to see some actual documents which we'll explain when you apply.
Once you've spoken to one of our advisers, they'll send you a Welcome Pack that tells you everything you need to do to switch to us.
The sooner you return the requested information, the sooner we can set up your account.
If you're aged 18 or over and a UK resident then you can apply for an account today!
How to switch accounts
We'll need you to:
1) Check, sign, date and post the application form and any other information requested in the prepaid envelope provided, then give us a quick call to let us know you've returned the paperwork.
2) Fill in the 'Customer Redirection' letter containing the details of your new thinkmoney Personal Account number and sort code. You should use this form to let your employer (or anyone else who pays you an income) know you've opened a new account. Next, ring us and let us know when the first income will be paid into your account.
3) Notify any of your standing order and Direct Debit commitments of your new account details and tell us when they will be taken from your thinkmoney Personal Account.
So we can:
1) Contact you as soon as we have received and processed your signed application form to acknowledge receipt - then send you your thinkmoney Debit MasterCard and PIN.
2) Set up your standing orders and Direct Debits to start on the scheduled dates and send you details on how to register for our online account management service.
3) Provide you with convenient text balances and transaction information direct to your mobile phone, as well as providing regular updates and monthly statements... so you know exactly where you stand all month, every month.
To take advantage of all the great benefits thinkmoney has to offer, use our online application form to start the switch or give us a call on 0800 074 7772.