The thinkmoney Personal Account - the account that offers you more
If you're looking for a basic bank account, our account could be the ideal alternative. In fact, the service you'll receive from us will be far from basic.
With a thinkmoney Personal Account, you'll get:
- Specialised support from our dedicated Money Managers - real people, ready to take your call
- An easy way to manage your finances with our personalised budgeting service
- Complete control over your account - manage your money online, via SMS or over the phone
The account is open to all UK residents over the age of 18 - and there's no credit check, so you can apply even if you've been turned away elsewhere.
What makes us different?
The way we look after your money is different.
- We're not a bank - we don't invest your money or lend it out to anyone.
- We make sure it goes where it's needed. Our expert Money Managers are there to help you get every bill you've told us about paid on time, so you know exactly what you can safely spend.
- We're completely open about how you pay for our service: we won't charge any unexpected fees for missing payments or making 'too many' transactions.
Wish there was an easier way to budget?
Well now there is. Our personal budgeting service means you don't have to worry about missing payments ever again - that's because at the start of every month, one of our Money Managers will set aside part of your income for all the bills and other commitments you've told us about.
This money will be put in your 'Salaries Account'. The money left over after covering your essential costs will be moved to your 'Card Account' for you to spend as and when you please - safe in the knowledge it's not meant to be going elsewhere.
An end to unexpected bank charges
If you've been landed with unexpected bank charges in the past, you'll know how frustrating it can be - particularly if you don't think you'll have enough money to cover them.
With a thinkmoney Personal Account, the alternative to a bank account, you won't receive any unexpected fees from us.
No more charges for missed or rejected payments. You'll know exactly where you stand, with just one straightforward monthly fee - £14.50, or £21.25 for a joint account.
Your own thinkmoney Prepaid Debit MasterCard®
Finding a basic bank account with a debit card can be a bit tricky - but it's an essential part of the thinkmoney Personal Account.
You'll get your own thinkmoney Prepaid Debit MasterCard® that you can use whenever you want - wherever you see the MasterCard® Acceptance Mark.
Making purchases in shops & restaurants, withdrawing cash from cash machines and even online shopping - your thinkmoney Prepaid Debit MasterCard® gives you the freedom some basic accounts just don't offer.
It also provides more convenience than you might expect from a prepaid card. That's because our Money Managers will make sure your thinkmoney card is loaded with all your spending money: you won't even have to think about it.