May half term 2013: deals and discounts on 23 UK family attractions and activities
24th May 2013
What are your plans for half term? If the kids are at home, you'll need to find ways to entertain them. All the exciting things that kids love to do can be really expensive, though - which is why we've put together this list of deals and discounts on popular UK attractions and things to do.
Here are a few things you could do with the kids over the May 2013 half term:
All these offers were running on 24.05.13, but could have been changed or removed since then.
Get your white knuckles out
Nothing beats a day at a theme park, whether you're a little kid or a big one. It can get pretty pricey though, which is why it's always best to look for deals before you go.
Take advantage of some of these theme park deals during half term:
- Book your half-term visit to Alton Towers more than 7 days in advance online and get 25% off. Book 2-6 days in advance to get 10% off. If you're planning on staying over, book your short break online to save 10%.
- Save up to 30% off Thorpe Park tickets when you book more than 7 days in advance (best to do it now, then!). Groups of four people or more also save up to 30%.
- At Chessington World of Adventures you get up to 10% off if you book between 2 and 6 days in advance, and up to 25% off if you book more than 7 days in advance.
- Book online to save up to 10% off your ticket to Flamingoland.
- There's up to 10% off when you book 2-6 days before your visit and up to 25% off if you book more than seven days before you go at Legoland Windsor.
- Save 15% on your wristband to Blackpool Pleasure Beach when you book online. And if it rains for more than three solid hours during your visit, you can go back the next day for free. Always useful in Blackpool!
- From 20th May - 2nd June, it's £20 for an adult ticket to Drayton Manor instead of £36 - and kids' tickets are £13 instead of £27 - when you book online.
- You could save over 30% booking online for Lightwater Valley.
Go to the cinema
If you'd prefer something just a little bit more low-key than a theme park, why not get the family out to watch the latest blockbuster?
Get 10% off your ticket when you book online for a film at Cineworld. If you're a family of film buffs, see as many films as you like from £15.90 per month each with the Unlimited card.
If there's four of you, with a minimum of two children, buy a family ticket at Vue and you'll each get in for the price of a child's ticket.
The May half-term offer at Tenpin bowling centres includes a game of bowling and a burger meal for £6.99 for juniors and £9.99 for adults. Book online.
Kids eat, drink and bowl for £5.95 at AMF Bowling. Weekdays before 6pm only.
Bowl for half price between 9am and 10am, Monday to Friday, during half term at Bowlplex centres when you book online. Dates vary from one centre to the next, so please check out the site for details.
See the animals
Here are a few wild deals to help you get close to the animals for less:
- 10% off your ticket when you book online at Knowsley Safari Park. And groups of 10 or more in one vehicle pay just £10 each.
- There are various savings to be made at Sea Life centres all over the UK when you book online. Have a look on the website to see what's on offer at the one near you.
- Get up to 15% off when you book online at Longleat Safari Park. You can also save 20% on a Bronze VIP experience at with the code BVIP20 until 3rd November. That gets you a tour of the park with an experienced guide in a 4x4.
- If there are 10 or more of you, you can save 25% at ZSL London Zoo when you buy a group ticket online.
Experience something a bit different
If you'd like to choose what you do over the half term from a wide range of different experiences, you can get 18% off at Virgin Experience Days with the code MVCMAY18. It expires 2nd June.
Similarly, there's 15% off gift experiences at Activity Superstore with the code AIF15.
Want to 'meet' all your favourite celebrities? Book at least the day before you want to go to Madam Tussauds and save 25%.
Get 25% off a 'London by Night' tour from Golden Tours with the code ME4FZ6. Hurry though, as this code expires today! (24.05.13).
While you're in London, you can get 5% off at London Pass until the end of this year with the code londpas05.
If you're a bit further north, get 20% off a ride on the Echo Wheel in Liverpool with this voucher. Just present it at the attraction before you pay.
How are you spending the half term?
We'd love to hear from you if any of these deals have inspired you to pack the kids into the car and go out for a day of fun.
< Back to articles