What if I can't or don't want to upload my ID?
If you’re struggling to upload your ID, it might be because of one of the following reasons.
If you are not a UK citizen, we’ll need to see the original copy of your ID to check your identity.
We’ll send you a prepaid envelope which you can use to post your ID to us. If you have not received a prepaid envelope in the post automatically, call us on 0161 672 8910 (and select option 1) to request one.
Please only post original documents to us, we can’t accept photocopies of your ID.
You can find a full list of documents we accept in our ID Help Guide.
If you don’t want to upload your ID, or you can’t access a camera or scanner, you can send us your ID by post instead.
We’ll send you a prepaid envelope which you can use to post your ID to us. Please call us on 0161 672 8910 (and select option 1) to request one.
We can accept photocopies of your ID.
If the online ID upload portal does not appear to be working, call us on 0161 672 8910 (and select option 1) and we’ll advise you on what to do next.
How to post your documents
- Put your ID into the prepaid envelope and take it to your local Post Office.
- Once we receive your documents, we will review them and return them to you.
- We will then send out your thinkmoney prepaid debit Mastercard®. This should arrive within 3 – 5 days.
- If you are sending us a letter with more than one page, please send us all of the pages.
- All of your documents must show your full first name, not initials or nicknames.
- The address on your documents must be exactly the same as the address you gave us on your application.
- Any documents with an expiry date (such as passports and driving licences) must still be valid when you send them to us.
Your documents are in safe hands
Sending your ID to us is safe and secure. The prepaid envelope is insured up to £500, so you’re covered in case something goes wrong.
If you send us your passport, driving licence, EU ID card or birth certificate, we will return your documents to you within 1 working day via Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Any other documents will be returned to you via Royal Mail second class post.