Why do I need a passcode on my device to download the thinkmoney app?
Having a passcode, facial recognition or a fingerprint on your phone is an extra layer of security which protects you from fraud if your device is lost or stolen.
Keeping your personal information safe is our top priority, so we recommend setting up security on your device before you download the app.
If your phone was unlocked and someone got their hands on it, they could find enough personal information to steal your money or your identity. So help us keep you safe by unlocking your phone with a passcode, fingerprint or face recognition.
How do I set up a passcode on my device?
- Go to settings by tapping the symbol
- Tap Security & location or Security
- Tap Screen lock to choose a type of screen lock (a PIN or a password is best)
- Create your passcode
- Go to Settings, then Face ID and Passcode/Touch ID and Passcode/Passcode (which one you see will depend on your device)
- Tap Turn Passcode On to set a passcode
- Enter a 6 digit code or tap Passcode Options to use a 4 digit code or a password instead.
- Enter your passcode again to confirm it.
Find more fraud prevention advice on the Take Five website.