How do I set up Direct Debits?
Firstly, you need to set up the mandate with the company you’ll be paying. You can usually do this online, or by giving them a call – you’ll just need your account number and sort code.
Our two sort codes are 16-20-15 or 16-31-30.
To find which one is yours, look at your thinkmoney debit card. If you can’t see it on there, you’ll find it on your thinkmoney statement in the top right hand corner, on the App and on your Online Account Management.
Once you’ve done that, you can set up the Direct Debit with us. You can either do this through Online Account Management or by text.
Please follow our step-by-step guide for help setting up Direct Debits, or click here to watch our video walkthrough.
Online Account Management:
1. Log into Online Account Management. You'll need your username, email address, passcode and online password.
2. Then select 'Regular Payments', which you’ll see on the right hand side of the screen.
3. Next, select ‘Direct Debit’ from the second sentence on the page.
4. From the drop down, please select the correct information about the company you’re paying. Also add the amount you’re paying, and the frequency and then select ‘Continue’.
5. Check that all of the information you’ve entered is correct. If it is, select ‘Confirm payment’. If it isn’t, select ‘Amend details’ to change it.
6. You now need to select ‘Update budgeting’ so we can make sure we budget for the payment each month.
7. That’s it! Your new Direct Debit is set up and ready to go. We’ll send you a text to confirm your budgeting is updated too.
You can text ‘CHANGE’, followed by ‘add’ and details of what you’d like to add to 81122 or 07786 200077.
For example: CHANGE Add a Direct Debit for United Utilities for £32 on the 1st September.
*You’ll find your account number on your card or when you log into Online Account Management, or if it’s a new account, your account number will be on your welcome letter.
Why do I need to update my budgeting?
If you don’t let us know about a new Direct Debit, the money will still be taken from your account, but we won’t have budgeted for it. This means you may find yourself short for other bills or commitments.
There are two video guides for setting up Direct Debits – the one you’ll need to watch will depend on your account number.
If your account number begins with 1, watch this video.
If your account number begins with 2, watch this video.