What is Mastercard® SecureCode™?
To make online shopping as safe as we can for you, you’ll need to register your card with the Mastercard SecureCode™ programme.
Mastercard SecureCode™ protects you against unauthorised use of your card, reducing the risk of you falling victim to fraud.
When you register you create secret credentials (password and security questions) that you’ll enter when shopping online as part of the check-out process. These are like an "electronic signature" for internet transactions.
How to register
To register, you'll need to provide some confidential security information. It only takes 5 minutes and you’ll only have to do it once per card. Here’s how to register.
- Go here and select 'Activate SecureCode’.
- Enter the long number across the front of your card and click ‘Activate’.
- Then enter the name on the card – make sure this is exactly as it appears on your card, including your title, such as Mr or Mrs.
- Enter the expiry, the three digit security code (which can be found on the back of the card), your date of birth, post code and a personal message – this will be displayed whenever you buy something from a retailer using the SecureCode™ service.
- Answer the five different security questions and click next.
- Then create a username and password. Both need to be between eight and 16 characters and the password must contain at least one letter and number and that’s it!
Click here to activate Mastercard SecureCode™.