Protecting your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains how thinkmoney insurance, a trading style of Think Insure Limited, and the companies within the Think Money Group (All About Money Limited, Freeman Jones Limited, Think Insure Limited, Think Money Limited, Gregory Pennington Limited, Wilson Andrews Limited, Ideal Finance Limited, Intelligent Lending Limited, and Think Money Group Limited) (collectively “the Group”) collect personal data from you, and how we will use and store this information.
Please read this privacy statement carefully, as once you send us your information you will be deemed to have read and accepted this statement.
We will only collect personal information, including where necessary sensitive personal data, about you when you apply to us, and any additional information provided by you or others in various ways, including:
- When you complete an application form or a contact form requesting a call back.
- When you participate in market research, competitions and promotions provided by, or on behalf of the Group.
- Information the Group receives from each other, from business partners, and from other organisations such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Please note that for quality and training purposes, telephone calls to our offices will be recorded and monitored.
The personal information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- Responding to your requests, enquiries or complaints
- For product administration and to notify you of any important changes or developments to the products and services we provide to you
- For customer research, statistical analysis and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising
- For crime detection, prevention, and prosecution and to keep our website safe and secure
- For audit and debt collection
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies
- Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information
- We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
- Please contact us at [email protected] if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
If you provide personal information about someone else, for example a joint application, you must only do so with the consent of the other person. If you enter into a product jointly with another person your data will be shared with the other person.
If you submit a credit card, loan or mortgage application we may also make one or more credit searches for each applicant when making our recommendation and, the chosen lender may also search your record to verify your credit worthiness and identity. The credit reference agency will add details of any searches to your record which can be seen by other organisations that make searches and they may use it to help make credit decisions about you, to prevent fraud and money laundering and to trace debtors.
We may also share your information with other companies within the Group for the administration of any products or services provided to you by any company within the Group. They may also provide you with information about other products and services that they provide. If you have provided your consent we may also share your information with marketing agencies, who provide marketing services on behalf of the Group, to promote the products and services provided by the Group or other carefully selected companies.
We may also use or disclose information to the extent required by law, court order, as requested by other government law enforcement authority, or to enforce legal rights.
We take the protection of personal data very seriously and we will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided.
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, or if you would like your personal information removed from our records please contact us by email at [email protected] and we will be happy to review, update or remove information as appropriate. We will keep your information unless you ask us to remove it.
If you would like to request a copy of the personal data we hold please contact the Data Protection Officer using the email above or at the address below. Any request may be subject to a £10 fee.
Data Protection Officer
We do not have any control over the advertisements you see on other third party websites however you can request to opt out or customise these advertisements by using the Google Ads Preferences Manager.