10 budget-friendly spring accessories for women
Published 1 April 2015 by Kyri Levendi
To make sure that you are ready for spring, here are 10 affordable spring accessories that won’t cost a fortune.
Accessories are often thought of as being the one thing that can completely revitalise an outfit. Designer Michael Kors put it best when he said “I’ve always thought of accessories as the exclamation point of a woman’s outfit.” So if you find that you can’t afford to revamp your look fully for spring, then the one thing that you can spend your money on is a few affordable fashion accessories. To give you inspiration, here’s a guide to 10 of the most budget-friendly fashion accessories on the high street.
• A big trend for this spring is the seventies, which can only mean one thing - the return of the floppy hat! If there’s one thing that you go in search for this spring, it should be a wide-brim hat like this one from Primark. This hat is one of the cheapest at £8 and its black design will mean that it will go with pretty much anything you already have in your wardrobe.
• In their spring collection, Dolce and Gabbana led the way for hair accessories, with their collection featuring bold floral headpieces. To incorporate this look into your everyday life, why not pick up something like this from H&M? This headband would make for a dramatic evening look or could be worn in the day for an effortless feel. Alternatively you could pull your hair up into a high bun and pin in this comb from H&M. It’s bound to put a touch of glam to your little black dress.
• Backpacks are proving to not just be a school accessory this spring – they’re making a rather stylish comeback. When it comes to the bag, you could keep it slick and polished with a black backpack like this from Primark or go for something a little bolder like this one from New Look - the choice is yours!
• Seventies and fringe go hand in hand, so if you really want to embrace the seventies look you’re going to have to take on a little bit of fringe as well! One of the easiest ways to wear it is on a bag and this one from Primark is a great find at just £12.
• Mules are the shoe of the season and there are two ways in which you can wear the slip-ons. Suede mules like these from F&F at Tesco would look great worn with a pair of flared jeans or a floral dress. Whereas a black strappy pair like these would make the perfect partner to a little black dress. This pair from Primark are unbelievable value at just £12!
• Yellow is the colour of the season, so breathe new life into an evening look with this yellow shoulder bag from H&M. It’d look striking against black and costs just £7.99.
• The Aztec trend is everywhere at the moment and this gold necklace from H&M will make a great statement. Simply pair with some jeans, a white tee and a blazer and you’re good to go!
• A scarf like this from F&F at Tesco will instantly liven up an everyday casual outfit and at just £7 would make a great addition to any spring wardrobe.
• Truly embrace the sports luxe trend with this pair of platform sandals from F&F at Tesco. These are super chic in their monochrome design and will look stylish when paired with a jumpsuit or a pair of culottes. At only £18, this pair are not a bad price either!
• Statement earrings are all over the runways this season but there’s no reason why you have to spend designer prices in order to achieve this look. This blue and gold pair from H&M are great value at just £2.99 and will add a touch of glamour to any spring outfit.