10 style essentials for the bank holiday weekend
Published 29 April 2015
With the bank holiday coming up, this weekï¿½s fashion blog will focus on what youï¿½ll need for a weekend away.
If you're off somewhere nice this bank holiday weekend but can't seem to limit what you want to take with you then don't worry, this week's style guide is here to help. To make your life easier, we've created a checklist of the top 10 style staples that you should take with you. All of the items featured are budget-friendly and cost no more than £30 - so, let's get started!*
1. The one item that you should never leave the house without when going away is a good pair of jeans. This skinny pair from F&F at Tesco are great value at just £12 and are sure to be flattering to the figure thanks to their dark wash finish. It's a good idea to take another pair with you too, so why not try this flared pair from primark or this beige skinny pair
2. A shirt like this from George at Asda is the perfect top to transition you from day to night. The loose nature of the shirt gives it a casual feel, but throw on a statement necklace and some heels and you'll instantly have the perfect evening outfit!
3. Always make sure that you have a good selection of basic tops in a few different colours to take with you when going away. Tops like like these from F&F at Tesco would be ideal and at only £4, they're great value!
4. To help you stay warm whilst out and about, a jumper like like this one from H and M is great. Cable-knit jumpers are timeless in their design and this one will look effortlessly chic when worn with jeans and a basic tee.
5. A cardigan like this from Matalan may look pretty plain and basic, but it is the perfect thing to take with you when heading off on a trip. You can wear a cardigan like this with t-shirts, a dress or even a shirt while away - not bad for just £12, right?
6. Yellow is a big style trend for this spring, so why not embrace a brighter colour palette and pick up this waxed yellow jacket from from Matalan? Whether you'll be going for country walks, touring a city or heading off to a spa, this jacket is sure to freshen up your look and won't break the bank either at just £30!
7. If you're planning to go out in the evening, then this monochrome skater dress from Primark makes the perfect piece to head out to dinner in. The black and white print of the dress gives it a classic feel, and you could complete the look with some flats and a cardigan.
8. Slip on trainers have been everywhere this year, and a pair like this will be comfy enough to explore a new town in. This textured pair from Matalan are sleek in their design and at only £10, they're quite the bargain!
9. So that you have another pair of shoes to wear when you're not doing any heavy-duty walking, be sure to pack a pair of flats like these from Matalan. This pair are an absolute find at just £6 and will bring a subtle splash of colour to any outfit.
10. You'll need two bags with you when going away, one to hold all of your luggage and another to carry your everyday essentials while you're out and about. You can pick up weekend bags quite cheaply and this one from Primark is one of the best deals we 've found at £12. For your essentials, a shoulder bag should be both sleek and spacious and this bag from HandM is the perfect combination of both!
Now that you know the style staples that you should take with you when heading off for a few days, you should be all set for your weekend away - enjoy!
*All prices correct at time of writing - 30/03/15