Protect your PC Against GameOverZeus in a Few Simple Steps
Published 9 June 2014 by Hayley Cox
GameOverZeus, the latest online malware threat, has made a big impact, even the National Crime Agency are warning people about it. But you can protect your computer against viruses and other attacks in a few simple steps.
You may have seen media reports that the National Crime Agency is warning people to take precautions to avoid becoming victims of the latest online malware threat – GameOverZeus. If your computer is infected it could allow hackers to access personal details including passwords and financial information.
There are a few simple steps that we recommend that all thinkmoney customers adopt to ensure they remain safe online:
- Ensure that you are using anti-virus software and that it is kept up-to-date. Run a full scan on your system at least weekly.
- Keep you operating system up to date by installing updates for Microsoft Windows or from Apple. Automatic updates should be enabled where possible.
- As a precaution, make sure that you back-up your personal files/information.
- Avoid opening suspicious emails and think twice before clicking on email links and attachments.
- Emails from thinkmoney will always address you by name. Remember, thinkmoney will never ask you to click on an email link to enter account details or security information. This is a practice commonly used by attackers, masquerading as legitimate organisations, to harvest your account information.
As you would expect our security team will be working to ensure that your account remains safe and secure at all times.
For more information please visit: www.staysafeonline.org