The kids are going back to school! Summer's great, but it's tiring, it's expensive - and mums and dads everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief as the holidays come to an end.
Looking further ahead than the school year, where do you want your kids to be when they're your age?
We all want our kids to be happier, richer, more successful than we are. At the same time, we know there's only so much school can teach them.
So what's the one financial lesson you wish someone had taught you when you were a nipper?
Could you put it down in words so your own kids (and others) can learn from it?
Inspire the next generation - and win £250 of vouchers!
Here's your chance to do just that - to write an article or a blog post that'll help kids manage their money better and steer clear of any problems you've run into since you were their age.
As if the thought of inspiring the next generation wasn't enough, we're offering £250 of vouchers (your choice) to the best three articles we receive! What have you got to lose?
All you have to do…
It couldn't be simpler:
1. Write an article or a blog post to your own child
a.If they're a bit young, make it something they'll read in a few years
b.If you don't have any kids, write down what you wish someone had told you when you were young
2. Post it on your website, linking back to this article
3. Tweet it, using #thinkmoney and linking to the article post on your site.
Get in the mood!
Of course, it'll help if you get in the right mindset first! If you've not seen it yet, check out the video below for a reminder of what kids think about money.
We're looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck!
The competition runs from 2nd September to midnight 15th September. Click here for the full terms & conditions.
The competition is only open to people who run a website capable of hosting articles.
thinkmoney Children’s Financial Advice Competition – Terms & Conditions
1. By entering into the competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you break these terms and conditions, the Promoter may exclude you from the competition. To enter, entrants must be aged 18 years and over and be a resident in the UK. Employees of the Promoter or its associated companies cannot enter the competition.
2. To enter the competition, which runs from 00:00am on 2nd September 2013 to 23:59pm on 15th September 2013, entrants must: (1) write a unique children’s financial advice article and post this on their blog or any other applicable website; (2) ensure that their article or blog contains a branded internet hyperlink to www.thinkmoney.co.uk ; and (3) login and sign in to Twitter and send a Tweet about their article which includes the hash tag #thinkmoney and a hyperlink of the website that their article or blog was posted on. Internet or Wi-Fi access is required. No purchase necessary.
3. There will be three (3) prize winners. Each prize winner will win £250 of UK high street shopping vouchers (vouchers subject to terms and conditions of the independent high street retailers).
4. One entry per person. If more than one entry is received only the first entry will be accepted. Any entry made using false or dishonest information will be disqualified. Entries that do not meet the rules of this competition will be excluded and the Promoter will not be liable for entries not received for any reason.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the prizes described above cannot be provided to a winner. The Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be given.
6. The Promoter’s judging panel will select the three (3) best articles from all correctly completed and submitted entries on or around 16 September 2013. The Promoter will notify the prize winners by telephone or email within one (1) working day of the judging panel’s decision. If any prize winner cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of their prize within one working (1) day of being notified or cannot make use of their prize for any reason, that prize winner will forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative prize winner. The Promoter will arrange and pay for delivery of the prizes but will not be liable for any failure of delivery.
7. The Promoter's decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Details of the winners' names and locations will be available between 17th September 2013 and 1st October 2013 by sending an email to the Promoter at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
9. By entering the competition, you agree that if you are chosen as a prize winner you will allow the Promoter to use your name, photograph, video, voice recording and general location for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all media during this and any future promotions or advertising without charge.
10. The Promoter has the right to refuse any competition entry from any individual if their article or blog contains material which is offensive (including the use of foul language) or defamatory, or incites and/or promotes violence or hatred or which discriminates, threatens or infringes the rights of third parties, or which the Promoter deems in its sole discretion is otherwise unacceptable. Participants may not use the competition for the expression of political or religious views.
11. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the winners over and above the prizes offered above and the prize winners participate in and use their prize at their own risk.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition at any time.
14. If any of these terms and conditions are found to be void or unenforceable, that term shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
15. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: thinkmoney Limited, Think Park, Mosley Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1FQ.