Now that the weather is turning colder, it’s important to have a few accessories in your wardrobe that will help you to keep warm against the winter chill. But just because these pieces are worn more out of necessity than anything else, it doesn’t mean that they can’t be stylish too! So whether you want ideas of what to get a loved one this Christmas or just want a few affordable fashion accessories to wear, our fashion guide* is here to help.
• A faux-fur stole is a great accessory to drape over a winter coat and can even double up as a shawl as well! This black stole from Primark is a bargain at just £6.
• Snoods have been around for a few years now and are a great way to ensure that your neck and ears are kept warm against the winter chill. This pale snood from Primark is great value at just £5.
• A simple chunky beanie is a necessity for the colder months and can be a lifesaver on a bad hair day as well! This grey beanie from Primark is a bargain at just £2.50.
• For a hat that can transition you from day to night, look no further than this F&F embellished hat from Tesco. The jewelled detail featured on this hat gives it an expensive feel, and no one ever has to know that it was only £8!
• Alternatively, why not try something new this winter by opting for a bowler hat? Bowler hats make great alternatives to knitwear, and can add a stylish touch to any outfit. This wool bowler hat from Primark is great value at just £7.
• Now that many of us want to be able to access our phones at all times, finger-less gloves are not only great for style but for practicality as well. This pair from F&F at Tesco can be worn both as a fingerless glove and as a mitten – so for just £6 you can get two gloves for the price of one!
• Speaking of mittens, this pair from H&M are sure to keep your hands warm against the cold this winter. On sale for just £4, they are very reasonably priced and if you’re feeling brave why not go for the dark orange shade?
• Leather gloves are a timeless winter accessory and this suede and leather pair from Primark are incredibly sleek in their design. Considering the gloves are 100% real leather and suede, they are incredible value for £8 as well!
• Military boots are a great accessory for the winter months and can help to instantly edge up an outfit. This pair of lace up boots from Primark are only £15 and would work well paired with a dress and chunky tights.
• Knee high boots have been a big fashion trend in recent years and this pair from Matalan are sure to send boot lovers into a frenzy. The black boots look much more expensive than their £32 price tag and are sure to make a great gift for a loved one this Christmas.
*All prices correct at time of writing -23/12/14