If you’re on a budget but want to give your husband or boyfriend a present they will love for Christmas 2014, our gift guide could help. We’ve gathered what we believe are the best presents for men this Christmas, and have carefully scoured the internet to find the best prices available.
We’ve got presents that could excite and entertain your man well into 2015 and even a couple that you could enjoy together!
(These prices were correct at the time of writing (12/11/14), but may have since changed or items been removed by the retailer. Prices may or may not include VAT and postage and packaging.)
We’ve got stocking fillers (under £4), under the tree presents (under £20) and extra special presents (up to £100), so you can find the ideal gift for your budget.
Stocking Fillers (under £4)
• If he’s a bit of a lazy bones, then this Mr Lazy t-shirt (£2.99 Amazon) could be an ideal gift. His laziness could become legendary as he wears it out and about!
• If he’s a movie buff, let him show his love for his favourite characters on his feet. There is a huge range of movie themed novelty socks available and we love this three pack of Batman, The Flash and Superman socks (£3.99 Sports Direct).
• If he loves working out or playing a bit of sport, a Slazenger Water Bottle (£1.50 Sports Direct) could be a great stocking filler. It’s available in ten different colours, so you’re bound to find one in a colour he’ll love.
• If you’ve a budding chef on your hands, why not buy him this novelty chef’s hat (£1.79 Amazon)? He could do his best chef’s impression next time he’s rustling something up in the kitchen.
• If he loves painting, a Paintbrush Pen (£2.50 National Gallery) is a great novelty gift for his stocking. This ball point pen has been designed to look like a real paintbrush dripping with paint.
Under the tree presents (under £20)
• The I Draw Comics sketchbook (£15.99 Firebox) is the perfect gift for a man who loves to doodle. It’s co-created by Marvel Illustrator Ryan Stegman and has over 100 pages of tutorials and templates to teach him the tricks of the trade.
• If he likes to take things easy, the Lazy Man Self Stirring mug (£6.27 Amazon) could be a great present. No longer will he have to use a spoon to stir his tea or coffee, as the mug does it all for him with a simple press of a button!
• If he‘s super excited about Stars Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens coming out late next year, we’ve got two under the tree presents he’s bound to love. Star Wars Origami (£10.40 Amazon) is a clever book which will show him how to make 36 Star Wars-themed projects by simply folding pieces of paper. Alternatively you could get him some Star Wars Light Up Chop-Sabers (£12.99 Firebox) so he can ‘use the force’ next time he’s enjoying some noodles!
• Maybe you could give the gift of an experience? There are some great stadium tours available that you can enjoy together - you could give him a Wembley Stadium Tour for Two (£17.50 lastminute.com), or a tour of his favourite football team’s ground (range from £15-£20 lastminute.com).
• Eating in is the new eating out! This under the tree present is the gift that keeps on giving as he’ll be able to enjoy delicious curries for months to come. The 3 month Friday Night Curry subscription (£19.95 The Spicery) gives him all the recipes and fresh spices he needs to cook an authentic curry and side dishes each month (for 3 months). After activating his subscription he will receive the rest of his recipe kits through the post at the end of each month. This wonderful stocking filler is something you can enjoy together (preferably with him cooking it for you!).
Extra special presents (up to £100)
• If you buy him the 3Doodler – The World’s First 3D Printing Pen (£99.99 Firebox), he’ll be able to turn his doodles into 3D models. The handheld pen works like a 3D printer and allows the user to draw in the air. It really is mind-blowing to watch sketches come alive!
• If you fancy splashing out, why not buy the iKettle (£99.99 Currys) – the world’s first WiFi Kettle? He’ll be able to set it to boil by simply going to the iKettle app on his phone. The app will wake him in the morning and ask if he wants the kettle boiling, then keep it warm for half an hour so he can leisurely get out of bed. He’ll be able to set it to boil at certain times during the day/evening and when he arrives home, the app will ask if he wants to pop the kettle on. What’s not to love!
• If he dreams about being a superhero, why not splash out on a Personalised Superhero Action figure (£79.99 Firebox)? You can choose from Batman, Superman, Ironman, Captain America or Thor. You’ll need to upload two images of your man’s head (one from the front and one from the side) when you order so that a mini head can be created using an advanced 3D printer. Imagine the shock and amazement on Christmas morning when he unwraps a mini version of himself!
• If you want to push the boat out and give him a gift he will treasure forever, you could buy him a signed piece of sporting memorabilia. A1 Sporting Memorabilia has a huge range of signed photos, programmes, boots and kits from some of the biggest sporting names of the past and present.
• If he yearns to learn how to cook better, why not opt for a half-day Indian cookery course for one (£99 Buyagift)? Chef Ren will show him and a group of other budding cooks how to master five Indian dishes and at the end of the class he will bring the food he has made home!
Affordable Christmas gift guide for boys.
Affordable Christmas gift guide for girls.
Christmas gifts guide for women.
Christmas gifts for pets guide 2014.