Ladies! Are looking for some styles to flatter your fuller figure on a budget? If so, we’ve scoured the web to find the best shops where you can pick up some wallet-friendly pieces.
Where to shop
New Look: we love New Look – you can get the very latest fashion at brilliant prices and they stock quite a good range of plus size clothes, starting at size 18 and going up to a size 32. They stock everything from dresses to jeans and even have a range of wide-fit shoes to boot.
H&M: Who doesn’t love H&M? They cater for everyone and have been creating beautiful plus size pieces for a while now. Their collection starts at a size 18 and goes up to size 28, and includes everything you need, from basics, formal outfits and even gym wear – all at brilliant prices!
Boohoo: if you’re looking for outfits for an evening out or special occasion, then the Boohoo website should be your first point of call! Their plus size collection starts at a size 16 and goes up to a size 24.
MissGuided: like Boohoo, MissGuided only operates online, keeping their prices low, and their collection ranges from a size 16 to 24. They tend to be one of the first retailers to embrace new trends, so are well worth a try!
Matalan: ROGERS + ROGERS, the plus size collection for Matalan, doesn’t offer the largest collection, but if you’re looking for strong basics then it’s a good place to start! Their sizes range from 18 to 30.
Our top 5 picks!*
So, now you know where to shop, but what kinds of things do these places stock? Here are our favourites:
1. You can’t go wrong with a little black dress and this one from New Look will hug your curves in all of the right places. The gold metal detailing on the belt will draw attention to your waist and at only £19.99, it’s quite the bargain!
2. Don’t be afraid to experiment with prints, as something like this leaf print pencil skirt from H&M can be very flattering on the figure. And at just £7.99, who can complain?
3. Jumpsuits are great at elongating the figure, and this one from Boohoo will look super chic when paired with a leather jacket and pair of heels.
4. Jeans-wise, these from New Look are a good pair to invest in as they’ll be able to take you from day to night with ease. Their high waisted design will also help make your legs look longer too – result!
5. Who says shirts have to be just for the office? This blue one from H&M would look great tucked into a pair of skinny jeans or worn open with a camisole underneath.
We hope our guide has helped to point you in the right direction of where you can find plus-sized pieces that are both affordable and stylish! To read about how to dress for your body shape, click here.
*All prices correct at time of writing 24/04/15