Get your Christmas jumper in time for Christmas Jumper Day
Published 5 December 2014
The 12th December marks Christmas Jumper Day and to help you find your perfect festive sweater we’ve put together a guide of our top jumper picks.
Christmas jumpers, until a couple of years ago, were something that many of us would not be caught dead in – remember Mark Darcy’s dodgy Christmas jumper in Bridget Jones’s Diary? But over the last couple of years the humble Christmas jumper has gone through something of a revival.
It has now become acceptable to embrace the wacky design of a Christmas jumper and the weirder they are the better! So to help you pick out your sweater for Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day on December 12th, here are our top picks for all the family.
• If you’re new to the Christmas jumper game and want to slowly ease yourself into it, why not pick up this Christmas jumper from Matalan? A jumper like this will help you incorporate a subtle touch of Christmas into your wardrobe without going overboard. At only £14 what more could a girl ask for?
• For something a little more out there why not try this elf jumper from F&F at Tesco? The festive jumper is sure to grab everyone’s attention with its novelty bell and pom pom detailing, and at only £18 it’s not a bad price either.
• As we found out, the Coca Cola advert for many is the first sign that Christmas is on its way. So what better way to express your love of the iconic advert than through your Christmas jumper? This Coca Cola inspired jumper from Primark will help you to sparkle in more ways than one this Christmas, with its built-in lights feature.
• Every year Christmas jumpers seem to be getting more and more outlandish, with this 3D Santa jumper from Primark being the perfect example of this. The jumper features a larger than life Santa that makes noises when his stomach is squeezed. Aside from being great fun, the jumper is one of the most affordable we’ve seen at only £12.
• To really get you in the mood for Christmas, pick up this reindeer jumper from F&F. The cosy knit with its ‘Merry Christmas’ slogan and reindeer design will help you to embrace the silliness of the holiday season. At only £16, the jumper comes with an affordable price tag too!
• We couldn’t do a Christmas jumper guide and not include this animated fireplace jumper from Primark. The budget retailer has really outdone itself with the sweater, which includes an animated fire in its design. This jumper is sure to make a great conversation piece at any festive gathering and at only £18 it won’t send you over-budget.
• Little girls will love to get dressed up in this Miss Claus Christmas jumper from Primark. For such a detailed jumper, this novelty knit is great value at only £7.
• This polar bear jumper from H&M will help your little one look the part this holiday season. The jumper is great for both small children and older girls and is priced affordably at £9.99.
• For the little man in your life why not pick up this incredibly cute elf jumper from Primark? The jumper comes complete with gold button features and mini pom poms and is great value at only £8.
• Let’s hope Santa doesn’t get stuck in a chimney this Christmas as he is shown to on this kid’s jumper from Primark. The sweater is available in sizes 2-8 years and is a bargain at just £6.
Alternatively, instead of buying a new Christmas jumper why not head down to your local charity shop to browse discarded jumpers from the last few years? A Christmas jumper is something that many of us only wear once or twice and then get rid of, so your local second-hand shop is sure to be a great place to find a variety of wacky Christmas jumpers at half the price of the high street. When browsing, remember that Christmas jumpers are supposed to be over-the-top, so the weirder the festive sweater the better!