Get your little ones ready for autumn with our affordable fashion picks
Published 7 November 2014
Finding affordable children’s fashion doesn’t have to be hard and to prove it, we’ve found some of the best fashion picks to get you inspired this autumn.
A new season often means a new weather-friendly wardrobe, and when you have kids who don’t fit into clothes you bought them a month ago let alone last autumn, this can be expensive. Plus, many fashion-conscious little ones don’t want to wear ‘just anything’, which can make finding a new seasonable wardrobe they’ll be happy to wear – and that doesn’t blow your budget – a huge challenge.
Luckily, we’re here to help. Read our round-up of the top kids fashion picks for this autumn that won’t stretch your finances too far.
Let’s first have a look at some of the best high street sales going on at the moment:*
• H&M have up to 70% off kids’ clothing. Have a look at the kids’ sale here.
• Tesco Clothing currently have up to 50% off children’s clothing, with current and previous seasons’ items being included. To have a look, click here.
• To keep your little ones warm this autumn, wrap them up in a winter coat from Regatta. To browse the children’s sale, with up to 80% off prices, click here.
Most little boys are no strangers to getting dirty after a little rough and tumble, and this can be a real pain in autumn when it’s so muddy. The clothing that they wear has to be able to endure mini-scrapes and tumbles if it’s going to last. Here are some of our most affordable fashion picks for boys of all ages this autumn:
• Dungarees on babies are charming and practical, and this dungaree and t-shirt set from Matalan is great value at just £12.
• Primark is a great place to get affordable two-piece sets, and this trendy t-shirt and cardigan combo is unbelievable value at just £10.
• For older children, slogan tees and jumpers can be a great way to embrace a little one’s personality. This ‘Awesome’ t-shirt from Matalan is perfect for under 5s at under £6.
• Checked shirts look great dressed up or down and this green and navy shirt from Primark is very budget-friendly at just £4.50.
• Corduroys are a great trouser for autumn as they’re thick and warm, and this pair by H&M are a bargain at just £5.99. Children can always get away with wearing colour, so be adventurous and pick a brighter tone for your little one to wear.
• Brogues for men, women and now children are very on-trend at the moment, and this pair by Matalan, at just £8, offer great value for such a sought-after item.
• Gilets are the perfect autumn staple; looking great layered over shirts or chunky knit jumpers – they go with everything so you can get your money’s worth. For an affordable gilet, have a search in Primark for this navy hooded gilet at just £12.
• Just because it’s autumn doesn’t mean that you only have to dress your little one in darker colours. Incorporate some bright tones into their wardrobe with the help of this funky yellow jumper from H&M.
• You can’t go wrong with a chunky knit in the colder months, and this two-piece design from Matalan is great value at just £12.
Many girls love to get dressed up, but that doesn’t mean you have to break the bank to get your daughter the clothes she desires. For girls this season, it’s all about incorporating strong autumnal tones and bold prints into their wardrobe.
• Tartan as a print is very on-trend this year and this check design dress from Matalan is great value at under £10.
• This 3-piece cardigan, trouser and top set from Primark incorporates animal print and warm autumnal reds - and at only £12 what’s not to love?
• Jackets are a great way to incorporate colour into your little girl’s wardrobe and ensure she stays warm as it gets colder - and this light turquoise jacket from H&M will brighten up any outfit.
• For little girls who like to give the boys a run for their money, this floral printed sweatshirt dress is the perfect mix of practical and pretty.
• This pair of steely grey trousers from H&M are effortlessly stylish yet affordable at just £7.99.
• Chunky knits are both fashionable and warm for the autumn season, and this inexpensive jumper from Matalan will look great paired with dark jeans and boots.
• Powder pink is a colour that has remained on-trend from last year, with this pair of pink trousers from Primark sure to excite any pre-teen.
• Detailed patterned dresses are very much on-trend and this dark purple dress from H&M is the perfect buy at just £12.99.
• Military style boots with buckle and lace-up detailing are the perfect piece to edge up any outfit this autumn, plus they’re practical and sturdy. This pair by Matalan are a bargain at just £16 and for any of you parents - they go up to an adult’s size 5!
*All prices and offers correct at time of writing – 31/10/2014.