Prepare for your Christmas party with our affordable fashion picks
Published 17 November 2014 by Kyri Levendi
With Christmas coming, not only is the festive season about to start but the party season as well. To help you find the perfect party outfit on a budget, we’ve picked some of the most affordable party pieces.
With Christmas comes the festive party season and many of us over the next few weeks will be heading off to office parties and festive social events. Attending a festive do brings with it pressure to find something suitable yet affordable to wear. To help you ladies look great for less this season, we’ve searched the high-street for the most affordable party pieces.*
Little black dress
For a timeless look at an upcoming party, you can’t go wrong with a little black dress. The LBD, as some have labelled it, is thought to have become a wardrobe staple after being favoured by iconic designers like Coco Chanel. The principle behind the dress is that it is the ultimate ‘basic’ and can be dressed up or down – which makes it budget-friendly too. To find your perfect LBD, take a look at some of the following tips:
• LBDs should be simple yet sophisticated and this dress from F&F at Tesco is the right combination of both. At just £20, the dress incorporates the kimono trend perfectly and makes sure to flatter the waist with a gold band.
• This LBD from boohoo revamps a classic with its embellished detailing and sheer sleeves. And at just £15, it’s a great price as well. Plus, you always need a little sparkle at Christmas!
• Polka dot is a pattern that will never go out of fashion, so you can wear this polka dot dress from New Look for years to come. Who says you can’t find an investment piece for just £12.99?
Metallic has been a big trend for 2014, with steely metallic tones being used by a lot of designers. This winter, many party wear collections are including metallic pieces too, and we’ve picked a few of the most affordable items to share with you:
• Step back into the sixties, with this high neck dress from F&F at Tesco. For £25, this dress merges both the metallic and jacquard print trends - what a find!
• Two-piece sets are great investment pieces to mix and match with other items in your wardrobe. This metallic top and skirt set from Primark is collectively priced at £24, and will make an affordable outfit for any party this Christmas.
• Floral print doesn’t just have to be for the daytime, with this skater dress from Matalan incorporating subtle metallic tones into its floral design.
If you want to wear something a little different to an upcoming party, why not try a jumpsuit? They can look effortlessly stylish, while remaining very comfortable to wear. Have a look at some of the most affordable jumpsuits we’ve found:
• The key to finding a great jumpsuit is finding one with subtle detailing.This black jumpsuit from Primark, with its delicate lace back design and spaghetti straps, is a great find at just £15.
• If you like to embrace a bit of sparkle over the festive season - and who doesn’t? - why not try this jumpsuit from the Matalan petite range at just £22.
• Lace detailing adds a feminine touch to any outfit, and this lace panelled jumpsuit from boohoo is sure to make you feel utterly ladylike. It’s a great price at £25 too!
Revamp an old outfit
Alternatively, why not revamp an old outfit that you already have hanging in your wardrobe? You could be amazed at how easily you can change up an outfit with just a few simple accessories:
• One of the easiest ways to make over an outfit is to add a statement necklace. For a dramatic change to an outfit, pair a colourful statement necklace with a more neutral piece of clothing. This rope chain necklace from Primark is a great find at just £6.
• Bold or patterned heels can really add something new to an old outfit. These red and snakeskin heels from Primark would look stylish paired with an all-in-one jumpsuit. They won’t break the bank either at just £12.
• A patterned clutch bag like this one from ASOS can breathe new life into an old party outfit as well.
We hope that with our style tips you’ll feel like the belle of the ball at your Christmas party – without busting your budget!
* All prices correct at time of writing- 06/11/14