thinkmoney Inspirational Student 2014 - Nominate a Student to Win £1,833
Published 30 April 2014 by Linzi Nuttall
thinkmoney is looking for one student to have help paying towards their living expenses for a term. Make your nomination now.
As part of 2014’s Inspirational Student campaign – launching May 1st 2014 - thinkmoney will be helping to pay one student’s living expenses for an entire term, but we need your help to find a recipient. If you know a student with an inspirational or extraordinary story, we want to hear about it.
Whether it’s a Zuckerberg in the making creating the next big thing in tech, a future leader giving up their time to help others or a student that has overcome adversity to get where they are today, then let us know. The student with the most inspiring story will receive £1,833* - the equivalent of a term’s loan instalment for a full-time student living outside of London - to help pay for accommodation, travel, course materials, food, entertainment and other expenses for an entire term.
We’re all familiar with the stereotype of the skint student cobbling together change to buy a pint, but the reality is often more serious. According to NUS figures**, the number of students using food banks has more than doubled this academic year, highlighting the stark challenges faced at colleges and universities around the UK.
Hull University student union has even started handing out food parcels to its students and other institutions are considering similar measures. Thinkmoney believes there’s never been a better time to show support and recognise the achievements of the student population.
How to Nominate
To nominate an inspirational student, simply visit the thinkmoney Facebook page, tag your nominee in a post and tell us why you think they’re inspirational– your nomination can be as long or as short as you like. Alternatively, you can nominate via Twitter by tweeting @thinkmoney with the hashtag #TMStudent2014, providing a link to your nomination.
Send us your Nominations
We can’t wait to hear your stories and nominations, so get in touch now. Nominations end on May 31st and we’ll be announcing our winner shortly after. Good luck!
Terms and conditions apply, a full copy of which can be found below. To enter, nominees must be aged 18 years and over, be a resident in the UK and be enrolled on a current program of study at a UK higher education or further education institution. The prior consent of the nominee is required before any nomination is submitted. Individuals nominating an entrant acknowledge that the nominee has accepted and understands the competition’s terms and conditions. The competition runs from 00:00am on Thursday 1st May 2014 to 23:59pm on Saturday 31st May 2014 and thinkmoney’s judging panel will select the winning nomination from all correctly completed and submitted entries on or around Monday 2 June 2014. A valid student ID and a valid term time address are required.
*Based on the loan awarded to a full-time student, living outside of London, studying on a course beginning in September 2013. £1,833 is equivalent to one third of this amount, or one term’s worth of loan. https://www.gov.uk/student-finance
** Based on NUS figures published in April 2014
thinkmoney Inspirational Student 2014 Competition – Terms & Conditions
1. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude you from this competition if you do not comply with these terms and conditions.
2. To enter, nominees must be aged 18 years and over, be a resident in the UK and be enrolled on a current program of study at a UK higher education or further education institution. Employees of the Promoter or its associated companies cannot enter the competition.
3. The prior consent of the nominee is required before any nomination is submitted. Individuals nominating an entrant acknowledge that the nominee has accepted and understands these competition terms and conditions.
4. To enter the competition, which runs from 00:00am on Thursday 1st May 2014 to 23:59pm on Saturday 31st May 2014, entrants must be nominated by an individual detailing the reasons why they believe the nominee is an inspirational student. Nominations must be sent to the Promoter by either: (a) a post on the Promoter’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ThinkMoneyUK) tagging the nominee and describing the reasons for their nomination; or (b) sending a Tweet with their nomination to the Promoter’s @thinkmoney Twitter page which includes the hash tag #TMStudent2014 and a hyperlink to the website that their nomination article or video was posted on should their nomination exceed 140 characters.
5. Internet access and a valid Facebook and/or Twitter account are required. No purchase necessary.
6. There will be one (1) competition winner. The winner, who will be a nominee, will receive a cheque for the amount of £1833.00 subject to the Promoter receiving a copy of the winner’s valid student ID and confirmation of the winner’s term time address. The Prize is non-transferable.
7. One entry per person. If more than one nomination is received only the first nomination will be accepted. Any nomination made using false or dishonest information will be disqualified. Entries that do not meet the rules of this competition will be excluded and the Promoter will not be liable for entries not received for any reason.
8. The Promoter’s judging panel will select the winning nomination from all correctly completed and submitted entries on or around Monday 2 June 2014. The Promoter will notify the competition winner by telephone or email or via a Facebook or Twitter direct message within two (2) days of the judging panel’s decision. If the competition winner cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of their prize within seven (7) days of being notified or cannot make use of their prize for any reason, the prize winner will forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
9. The Promoter will liaise with the winner regarding delivery of the prize. The Promoter will pay for delivery of the prize to the winner although the Promoter will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any postal service or courier or for any failure of delivery.
10. The Promoter's decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Details of the winner’s name and location will be available between Tuesday 3rd June 2014 and Tuesday 17th June 2014 by sending a direct message to the Promoter via the Promoter’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ThinkMoneyUK).
12. By entering the competition, nominees agree that if they are chosen as a prize winner they will allow the Promoter to use their name, photograph, video, voice recording and general location for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all media during this and any future promotions or advertising without charge.
13. The Promoter has the right to refuse any competition entry from any individual if their nomination contains material which is offensive (including the use of foul language) or defamatory, or incites and/or promotes violence or hatred or which discriminates, threatens or infringes the rights of third parties, or which the Promoter deems in its sole discretion is otherwise unacceptable. Participants may not use this competition for the expression of political or religious views.
14. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the winner over and above the prize offered above and the prize winner shall use their prize at their own risk.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw this competition at any time.
17. If any of these terms and conditions are found to be void or unenforceable, that term shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
18. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Think Money Limited, Think Park, Mosley Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1FQ