Now that spring has finally arrived, it’s time to look towards the style trends that are going to be dominating this season. For men, there are a couple that are set to make it big, with stripes, double denim and floral prints all being featured on the runways. To help you decide which to embrace, we’ve put together a list of the top 5 budget-friendly style trends for men:
Denim is back with a vengeance this spring, after being tipped as a big style trend for both men and women. For men, the key to wearing it is to double up. Now we know what you’re thinking, double-denim can be tricky even at the best of times, but not if you follow the golden rule and vary the shades of denim that you wear!
As long as the denim you wear are different shades, then you’re good to go!
Florals in spring are nothing new, but this season the print is finding its way into menswear as well! Floral prints can be as bold or as subtle as you like:
• If you’re more of a daring dresser, then this Hawaiian style black shirt from Primark could be right up your street! This shirt would look great paired with skinny jeans and a bomber jacket.
• If you prefer to incorporate this trend a little more subtly into your wardrobe, then you could try this floral tee from F&F at Tesco or this panelled t-shirt from Matalan. Both tops allow you to join in the floral trend, without going overboard!
• Alternatively, why not rock the trend on your feet and wear these navy floral pumps from Primark? At only £8, they are quite the bargain!
Green is one of the colours of the season, and incorporating a colour like this into your wardrobe can really help to refresh your look:
• This light green tee from Primark is amazing value at just £2.50 and would be an ideal item to layer up with.
• A great alternative to chinos are these green skinny jeans from H&M. These will surely help you to stand out from the crowd and won’t break the bank either at just £14.99.
• As we are going to see, stripes are a big trend for this season. So why not merge the two trends together with this easy-iron green shirt from H&M? It’s is incredibly versatile and can be worn at the weekends or on an evening out.
Stripes are always great for spring and this season is no different. When perusing the striped-designs on the high street, be careful at which ones you go for. Remember vertical stripes will give you the appearance of height, while horizontal stripes will make you look wider!
• This navy and cream t-shirt from Primark would make a great basic to mix and match with. You could pair the tee with a denim shirt or hoodie for a laid back casual feel.
• Similarly, why not try this striped polo shirt for George at Asda? This shirt would look great worn under a chunky jumper and is a bargain at just £8!
• If you’re looking for the perfect mix of comfort and style, then this striped hoody from Primark could be the answer to all your prayers!
Crisp white trainers are a must-have for this spring, after featuring heavily in runway shows for Louis Vuitton and Alexander McQueen. Think clean, white tennis trainers like these from Adidas, only without the hefty price tag! For a pair that won’t send you over budget, why not try these from H&M or this white and grey pair from Primark? Both are great value at under £15!