How your personal information is used by Think Money Group
The information contained in this privacy notice tells you how your personal information is collected and used by Think Money Limited and the Think Money Group companies.
Your information will be securely held in the Think Money Group systems, and any third party systems where required, to enable us and the companies within the Group that you may have dealings with, either now or in the future, to be able to administer any products or services that they provide to you.
Last update : 13/07/2017
What information we may collect from you
The information we collect from you will depend on the product or service you apply for, or the service that we provide to you. This will likely include the collection of:
- your personal details (e.g. name, date of birth)
- address details
- contact details (e.g. phone number, email)
- sensitive data* (e.g. medical information)
- financial information
- employment information
- information on how you use our website(s) and products and services
You may not have to provide all the information requested but doing so will help us to ensure we have a fuller understanding about you to allow us to provide services to you.
If you provide personal information about someone else, for example when a joint application is made, you must do so with the consent of the other person. If you enter into a product jointly with another person, your personal data and any information about the product or service provided to you will be shared with the other person.
How and where we collect information
We will collect information from you in various ways, including:
- when you make an application or enquiry within the Group;
- information received from a third party, for example when we are required to run checks with a third party, such as a credit reference agency or fraud prevention agency, or where you have previously consented for your information to be shared with us;
- when you provide information to the Group to help them provide and/or administer any product and/or service that is provided to you by the Group;
- when you participate in market research, competitions and promotions provided by, or on behalf of the Group;
- when we may need to obtain up to date information about you to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- where you have provided your consent; or
- where you use a website controlled by the Group.
How we may use your information
The personal information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example;
- responding to your requests, enquires or complaints;
- to provide our product or services and to notify you of any changes or developments with the products, services or platforms we provide;
- statistical analysis;
- profiling purposes;
- helping us and the other Group companies to understand and develop the Group’s respective businesses, including new and innovative products and services;
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations and for the prevention of fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing;
- advising you of promotions, competitions and offers;
- using information gathered from market research or evaluating the effectiveness of marketing and training;
- undertaking financial reviews; or
- where we have your consent.
We will keep your information for as long as we reasonably require it, or where we are required to do so under a legal obligation.
How we may share your information
We may share your personal information with companies or organisations outside of the Group where:
- we need to do so to provide you with products or services, for example credit reference agencies;
- we have entered into an arrangement for a third party to provide us with services, for example IT platforms and services, communication services or market research;
- where we’re required to do so under a legal or regulatory obligation or court order; or
- where we have your consent to do so.
If you submit a credit card, loan or mortgage application, we may also make one or more credit searches for each applicant when making our recommendation. The chosen lender may also search your record to verify your credit worthiness and identity. The credit reference agency will add details of any searches to your record which can be seen by other organisations that make searches and they may use it to help make credit decisions about you, to prevent fraud and money laundering and to trace debtors. Where there is a joint application the outcome of any credit search may be shared with both persons who make an application.
This condensed guide explains what we will do and how we, the lender and the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will use your information. Or if you prefer to read the full version, click here.
If you make an enquiry for an insurance quote or purchase an insurance policy online or over the phone your information will be shared with insurance providers or administrators to provide you with a quote and/or to administer and provide the insurance policy. More information about how your information may be used by the insurer and/or administrator can be found in the policy documents you will receive.
Using fraud prevention agencies
The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies, and your data protection rights, can be found by contacting us or email us at [email protected]
Sharing your information outside of the EEA
How we may contact you about products and services we provide to you
To help us keep you up to date about the products and services that we provide to you and to ensure that you’re kept fully informed we may contact you by letter, telephone, email, text message or may send you messages by any online customer platforms. If you don’t want to be contacted in a particular way then you can request this at any time.
It is important that you keep us up to date when you change your contact details to ensure that we use your up to date contact information.
How your information may be used to contact you about products and services
We, Think Money Limited, is part of the Think Money Group of companies (the names of which are set out below) and offer a range of financial products and services to customers. Where we, and other companies within the Group have your consent, you may be sent marketing communications by email, text message, telephone or by social media. You can opt out of any of these communications at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out in this privacy notice, emailing us at [email protected] or unsubscribing from the messages you may receive.
The table below provides information on the companies within the Think Money Group and the names they also trade under.
Group Company Trading name Intelligent Lending Limited Ocean Ocean Finance Ocean Mortgages Your Loan Deals Think Money Limited thinkmoney Think Insure Limited Think Insure thinkmoney Insurance Ocean Insurance Gregory Pennington Limited Gregory Pennington Debt Advisory Centre Debt Advisory Centre Scotland Think Link Freeman Jones Limited Freeman Jones IVA Advice Line Wilson Andrews Limited Wilson Andrews All About Money Limited think2claim Ideal Finance Limited Ideal Finance
Other types of advertising
We do not have any control over the advertisements you see on other third party websites however you can request to opt out or customise these advertisements by using the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
We may record any telephone calls you make to us or we make to you or any other third party. This is for training, monitoring and quality purposes. Some telephone calls may be observed by staff for training and development purposes.
Obtaining a copy of your personal information
You can request a copy of the information that the Group company holds about you by writing to the address below. A fee of £10 may be payable for this information.
You should contact us if any information we hold about you is incorrect, or you would like your personal information removed from our records. We will then investigate this for you.
Data Protection Officer
Updates to this privacy notice
Any updates to this privacy notice will be found on this page. If we make any significant changes to the way we may collect and use your personal information we will notify you of this change.