Are you an existing customer? Log in here
All the benefits of a basic bank account, plus:
No credit checks when you apply
As long as we can verify that you are who you say you are, you can open an account. We’ll say ‘yes’ to people with bad credit, CCJs - even people going through bankruptcy.
No overdraft fees or unexpected charges
We won’t charge you to withdraw cash or for bounced Direct Debits, so you won’t get any nasty surprises from us.
thinkmoney prepaid Debit Mastercard®
Use it on the high-street, online and withdraw cash at ATMs where you see the Mastercard Acceptance Mark.
Don’t worry about bad credit – we don’t credit check you
Our account costs £17.50 a month or £24.50 a month for joint accounts.
- Check your balance, set up Direct Debits and move money around online
- Manage your account by text or by calling us
- Have your salary or benefits paid directly into your account
To get started, you need to be:
- aged 18 or over
- a UK resident
We've been awarded 4 stars by the Fairbanking Foundation.
PLUS expert money help
Our Money Manager team offers a real added-extra, over-and-above basic bank accounts. They ensure you have enough funds to cover your bills.
If you’re already struggling with your money, a thinkmoney Managed Current Account could really help you manage your finances.
We take the hassle out of switching
The Current Account Switch Service makes switching to us easy, simple and stress-free.
Take your payments with you
No need to update your details for each of your payments. We’ll move all your regular incoming and outgoing payments to your new account for you and close your old account.
Payment made to your old account? No worries
We’ll transfer your balance and redirect payments made to your old account to your new account for at least 36 months.
Any problems? We’ll cover the costs
Under the Current Account Switch Guarantee, we’ll refund any interest and charges if something goes wrong with your switch.
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
For more information read more at www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk
The money you hold in your thinkmoney Current Account is not protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). As thinkmoney is authorised and regulated by the FCA as an e-Money Institution, your money is protected and, unlike the FSCS, this protection is not limited to a certain amount. This means that your money is held separately and securely and, if something were to happen to thinkmoney, you would always receive it back.
Your terms and conditions are changing
On 1st August the name of the account is changing, and from 1st October other changes to your terms and conditions will take effect.
The name of the account will change from Managed Current Account to Current Account on 1st August.
On 1st October, your terms and conditions will change in line with new regulations for bank accounts with fees.