Are you an existing customer? Log in here
Why open a joint account?
A joint bank account can make sense if you share money with your partner, flatmate or friend. Consider a joint thinkmoney Current Account if you need help managing your money.
No credit checks when you apply
We won't turn you down if you have bad credit, a CCJ, or you're going through bankruptcy.
Easier to manage your household bills as you don't have to work out who’s paid what.
Stay in control 24/7
You’ll both be able to keep in control of your money online or by using our app.
What you’ll get with your joint Current Account
Money Managers to help you budget
They’ll help you budget for your monthly bills and answer any questions you have. Oh, and they’re UK based.
Control your day-to-day spending
We set aside the money you need for your bills, and the rest goes on your debit cards, so you know exactly what’s yours to spend.
No unexpected fees or charges
We won't charge you to withdraw or for bounced Direct Debits. You’ll just pay one monthly management fee of £24.50.
We take the hassle out of switching
The Current Account Switch Service makes switching to us easy, simple and stress-free.
Take your payments with you
No need to update your details for each of your payments. We’ll move all your regular incoming and outgoing payments to your new account for you and close your old account.
Payment made to your old account? No worries
We’ll transfer your balance and redirect payments made to your old account to your new account for at least 36 months.
Any problems? We’ll cover the costs
Under the Current Account Switch Guarantee, we’ll refund any interest and charges if something goes wrong with your switch.
Open your account
Our joint account costs £24.50 a month
- Control your account online using our iPhone and Android app, or log into our Online Account Management.
- Pay in and withdraw at 11,000+ Post Offices®.
- No charge from us at UK ATMs.
- Use your thinkmoney prepaid Debit Mastercard® wherever you see the Mastercard® logo.
To get started, you need to be:
- aged 18 or over
- a UK resident
We've been awarded 4 stars by the Fairbanking Foundation.
You can get a thinkmoney Current Account if you’re over 18 and a UK resident – it’s as simple as that. It doesn’t matter if you’ve had bad credit in the past or you have no credit history as we don’t carry out a credit check when you apply for your account. All we need to do is verify that you are who you say you are and you can open an account online.
The Financial Conduct Authority requires us to publish information about our personal current accounts. For more information about this click here.
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
For more information read more at www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk
You can apply for the credit facility three months after you’ve paid your first income into your thinkmoney Current Account. This means you could access a credit facility up to £400. We’ll need to carry out some affordability checks and then you’ll be able to apply for and access the credit facility through Online Account Management, subject to eligibility.
The money you hold in your thinkmoney Current Account is not protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). As thinkmoney is authorised and regulated by the FCA as an e-Money Institution, your money is protected and, unlike the FSCS, this protection is not limited to a certain amount. This means that your money is held separately and securely and, if something were to happen to thinkmoney, you would always receive it back.
Yes, there is an option in the online form to open a joint account. Joint accounts cost £24.50 per month.
If you opened your Account, or are looking to open an account on or after 1st August 2018 the following terms and conditions will apply:
If your Account was opened before 1st August 2018 the following terms and conditions will apply:
From 1st October, some small changes will be made to these terms and conditions to allow us to adopt the changes in terminology regarding the linked services offered by payment account providers. You will be able to find a glossary of this new terminology in clause 16 of the general terms, in the terms and conditions set out below.