Current Account

How do I change my name?

You just need to give us a call on 0161 779 5000 and we’ll send you out a form to fill in and a prepaid envelope to return it in. Once we’ve received this, and any documents we’ve requested, your name will be changed on the account within 5 working days. We’ll then send out your new card, which you should receive in 3-5 working days.  

Documentation we may need to see

We may need to see your original Deed Poll Certificate, your Marriage Certificate, or your Decree Absolute, depending on your circumstances.

  • If you’ve got married, we’ll need to see your Marriage Certificate
  • If you’re divorced, we’ll need to see the Decree Absolute and your Birth Certificate
  • If you’re changing your name for another reason than marriage or divorce, we’ll require a Change of Name Deed
  • If we have an incorrect spelling of your name, we’ll need to see your birth certificate, passport or driving licence.

Legal Information