What are the thinkmoney Current Account fees?
Can I apply for an account if I've got bad credit?
I need to send ID to open an account. What ID can I send?
How do I upload my ID?
What if I can't or don't want to upload my ID?
What if I don't have any of the documents you accept?
4 steps to set up your account
How to get your ID upload right
How to open an account via the app
Can I pay in cash and cheques at the Post Office?
How do I pay cheques into my account?
Where can I make a cash withdrawal in pounds in the UK?
What's a Faster Payment?
Making contactless payments
How do I receive money from outside the UK?
Can I use Apple Pay?
Why is my money held when a transaction has failed?
How long will it take for a refund to go back on my card?
How do I get emergency cash?
How do I send a payment to somebody overseas?
Transport for London contactless payments
About contactless cards
What is a One-Time Passcode?
What is Mastercard® Identity Check?
I don't recognise a transaction, what should I do?
Is my money protected?
How will PSD2 affect me?
How can I tell if an email is from you?
How can I use fingerprint and facial recognition to pay online?
What is thinkmoney secure connection?
How do I update my personal details?
You can update your address, phone number and email on online banking or the app.
- Go to the ‘More’ section
- Select ‘Account management’
- Press ‘edit’ next to the information you want to change
- Enter your new address, phone number or email address, then hit ‘confirm’ when you’re done
- If you're updating your address, you'll also be asked to enter the date you moved in
What should I do if I get married?
Call us on 0161 779 5000 to let us know. We’ll send you a form – please fill it in and return it in the prepaid envelope provided. We’ll need to see your marriage certificate too, so please pop this in the prepaid envelope too.
How do I change my name?
Call us on 0161 779 5000 and we’ll send you a form to fill in. Once we’ve received your form, and any documents we need, we’ll change your name on your account within five working days. You’ll get a new card in three to five working days.
Documents we might ask for:
- If you’ve got married, we’ll need to see your Marriage Certificate
- If you’re divorced, we’ll need to see the Decree Absolute and your birth certificate
- If you’re changing your name for another reason than marriage or divorce, we’ll require a Change of Name Deed
- If we have an incorrect spelling of your name, we’ll need to see your birth certificate, passport or driving licence